Monday, December 03, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Why the winter bike commute is fun.

Jim has left a new comment on your post "Why the winter bike commute is fun":

It's been pouring rain like crazy here in Portland, OR. Started Saturday sometime and just kept going. Got my rain pants out this morning that I bought two months ago and hadn't needed. Yay! Don't like the look or price of booties so the water poured through the vents of my Specialized shoes. Boo! Put my socks in front of the portable heater I'd brought down to the office and they were toasty warm and dry. Yay! Walked out of the office and found my rear tire flat. Boo! A bike bag is on my Christmas list so I can carry tire wrenches, patches and a pump but in the meantime ... I just carry an EMT tool for tightening stuff.

Thank goodness that I could call the wife, have her pick me up so we could pick up child #1 and the bike trailer, then get child #2 and #3.

People were a lot tougher before cell phones.

This is going to be my first winter commuting. So far, it's been a mild winter and it's all been good. Ask me again in January, thou! gh.



Posted by Jim to Cyclelicious at 12/03/2007 11:18:00 PM