Monday, September 10, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Louisiana town seeks to ban bicycles.

Ron Georg has left a new comment on your post "Louisiana town seeks to ban bicycles":

Howdy--

I'm going to assume it's just a lousy piece of reporting--it's certainly vague on the details of the ordinance. I'll bet the ban is on sidewalk riding, which is common. While it does raise issues for kids, especially those too small to ride safely in traffic, an adult loaded with shopping bags hanging off the handlebars of his huffy is a hazard to pedestrians. This ordinance could be an opportunity for advocates to educate drivers and rider about their right to use the road.
Then again, this is the deep south, and I have seen Easy Rider...
Happy Trails,
Ron Georg
Moab, UT
(With apologies to progressive southerners; I live in a stereotyped state myself)



Posted by Ron Georg to Cyclelicious at 9/10/2007 08:22:00 AM