Wednesday, September 12, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Mass market fixed gear bike.

SueJ has left a new comment on your post "Mass market fixed gear bike":

Sounds like he's one of the "invisible riders" liek Bicycling magazine's article described (almost made3 me subscribe, I tell ya)... CICLE snagged it at http://www.cicle.org/cicle_content/pivot/entry.php?id=809 tho' sometimes linking doesn't work (but if you google cicle and then do "invisible" search on their site, and look for "L.A.'s invisible riders" you'll find the article).

It's worth reading regular-like for that perspective. When it came out it was discussed and some people did some eyerolling about how those eople would buy cars if theyy could - which is still viewing it through "those people" lenses because my guess is there isn't a lot of time wasted on thinking "if I could, I'd get a car" (especially if licenses would have their own legal problems).

Fixies just kinda befuddle me. Since I can only engage my brain in one thing at a time, one-ness with a machine is an impossible dream...



Posted by SueJ to Cyclelicious at 9/12/2007 07:38:00 PM