Thursday, September 13, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Mass market fixed gear bike.

Fritz has left a new comment on your post "Mass market fixed gear bike":

You're right, Sue. I've long recognized that Latinos probably make up the majority of cyclists in America; I got the Denver area Bike To Work team to begin Spanish-language outreach, and the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition is now thinking about Spanish language outreach after I suggested it. I have the print edition of Bicycling -- it's a good article.

Most Latinos, however, don't ride fixed gear bikes. Many seem to ride discount store bikes or ancient 10-speeds recycled via the perpetual garage sales in Latino neighborhoods. The bike-riding Latinos I talk with view cycling as a poor-person activity and plan to buy a car ASAP because that's what you do when you have money.



Posted by Fritz to Cyclelicious at 9/13/2007 10:13:00 AM