Monday, January 14, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Cycle Dog.

Nathan has left a new comment on your post "Cycle Dog":

warren t,
I understand your comment. I use a sprung harness device that keeps my dog quite close to my bike and the leash isn't taking any of his pressure.This keeps him close and secure without interfering with my ability to control the bike. I mostly ride in my neighborhood at night, and it's the perfect thing to burn off his excess engergy. Even when my medium sized dog does something erratic, our forward momentum is enough to minimize it, and keep us moving in the right direction.

The main thing that I see as a risk, is unleashed or stray dogs running up to us as we cruise the neighborhood. I have had to deal with it several times, and am always on the look out.

Additionally, if I ever do go on the bike path, I pull over when ever I am approached from behind or pass someone from the opposite direction. It's a courtesy that is much apprecitated.



Posted by Nathan to Cyclelicious at 1/14/2008 02:12:00 PM