Monday, June 23, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Dangers of Bike Lanes.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Dangers of Bike Lanes":

Where I ride we don't have bicycle lanes and we do ride in traffic with fast moving cars.
I ride in Texas on country roads to avoid traffic.

In the last 2 months I have read about 4 bicyclists being killed because they where hit by cars from the rear. I myself would rather have a bike lane than constantly be riding along with them. At least with a bike lane you have the option.

On single lane roads with cars and large dirt hauling trucks whizzing by at 70MPH you can nearly be thrown off the road just from the wind of the vehicle. The are merely 1-2 feet from your shoulder. We here want shoulders and bike lanes. Fighting against them seems like a disservice to the bicycle community; In my opinion.



Posted by Anonymous to Cyclelicious at 6/23/2008 05:58:00 AM