Monday, June 23, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Santa Cruz: King Street bikeway meeting.

king street old timer has left a new comment on your post "Santa Cruz: King Street bikeway meeting":

I live on king, and I'm an avis cyclist, and none of these options are good.

Parking is already a big problem. Taking parking won't help. The first option means I would have to cross king with kids and groceries, or walk a block.

Widening the street by taking the medians will expose pedestrians to greater risk and remove trees that make the street nice. Are you going to move the telephone poles?
bring your wallet...

I would be in favor of moving traffic off of king as in option two, but then the side street neighbors get burned.

Most of all, king is safe to ride right now. What I need is a safe, quick way to get downtown or to the eastside.

This is sort of a bridge to nowhere.



Posted by king street old timer to Cyclelicious at 6/23/2008 11:24:00 PM