Friday, September 19, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Two speed Strida.

ramkum has left a new comment on your post "Two speed Strida":

The bike looks cool, but I don't see how it can possibly be comfortable and good for *real use*. To me it has two seemingly fatal flaws:

1. The distance from the seat to the pedals seems insufficient. This means your knees will be kinda bunched up while riding, resulting in greater discomfort and less efficiency (if you are not able to extend your knees fully while pedaling you won't get the full thurst).

2. The location of the handlebars. They are not far enough from the seatpost. Resulting again, in your elbows probably having to be bent while riding. Uncomfortable and inefficient.

Am I missing something? Can someone who has ridden a Strida share?

For the record, I ride a Dahon Curve (2007 model) folding bike (takes 10 seconds to fold), I have put ~800 miles on it, and I have had to replace one part. And it costs $1000 less than the Strida!



Posted by ramkum to Cyclelicious at 9/19/2008 10:10:00 AM