Thursday, May 31, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Broke bike chain breaks teeth.

IB Rich has left a new comment on your post "Broke bike chain breaks teeth":

Ouch. The only time I broke a chain was on a track bike at the velodrome down near Ft. Lauderdale. I was out of the saddle doing a sprint coming down off the bank when all of a sudden there was no more resistance on the pedal. My balance was totally thrown off by the quick acceleration of the foot through the rest of the pedal stroke and I when straight down. The concrete surface was just smooth enough for me to slide on my butt for about 20 feet. The spandex in my shorts melted (I could see the singed edges around the big hole) and I got a huge case of road rash conveniently right on the part of the cheek that makes contact with whatever you're trying to sit on. Kept all of my teeth, though. This post was like driving past a car accident on the highway, I couldn't help but look at the photos... Thanks for sharing.



Posted by IB Rich to Cyclelicious at 5/31/2007 10:46:00 AM