Friday, May 04, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on County supervisor bikes to work, meetings.

gazer has left a new comment on your post "County supervisor bikes to work, meetings":

Good stuff - I only minorly object to his (or agreeing with another's statement): "..he expressed his concern that some of the roads in our community lacked proper bike lanes."

My issue with bike lanes around here (my commute is between Palo Alto and San Mateo) is that they are almost always too close to parked cars - putting me right in the door zone if I were to actually ride in them.

So now, at best, I have my tires on the left-most line of the bike lane, and cars think I'm being an a-hole by edging into "their" space. Never mind that I'm often doing 20-25 in a 25 zone...



Posted by gazer to Cyclelicious at 5/04/2007 01:05:00 PM