Thursday, August 09, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Suicide is no solution.

paul has left a new comment on your post "Suicide is no solution":

OK fritz, sorry if I sounded preachy (which in hindsight I did).

Self-medication certainly isn't healthy, but many suicide victims use drugs or alcohol (just a legal drug) to anesthetize themselves before the act. I can't pretend to know what was going on in the guy's head, nor can anyone, but blaming people with depressive syndromes for committing suicide is the same as blaming people with cancer for dying from tumors. Death isn't necessarily the outcome of either disease with good treatment, but sometimes good treatment fails and no treatment almost always does.

I'll get off my Penny Farthing now, it's just hard when you have lost people you care for.

I do enjoy the blog immensely.



Posted by paul to Cyclelicious at 8/09/2007 12:05:00 AM