Wednesday, August 08, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Yahoo's company car.

Allen Tom has left a new comment on your post "Yahoo's company car":

Yahoo is a very bike friendly employer, and actively encourages its employees to find alternatives to driving to work solo. We even have super friendly bike advocates on staff to help newbie bike commuters map out and plan their trips.

I usually bike+Caltrain to work from San Francisco, and Yahoo allows me to have flexible work hours, and also provides a nice hot shower with towel service when I get into the office. Even though I have my own secure bike locker on campus, I usually just park my bike at my desk, and wheeling my bike up the elevator and through the office is perfectly acceptable.

We have incentives where cyclists can earn free meals and movie tickets just by cycling to work.

On the days when I might not feel like cycling, I can hop on one of the free employee shuttles that run to and from San Francisco and my office in Sunnyvale. The shuttles are even equipped with WiFi and run on biodiesel.



Posted by Allen Tom to Cyclelicious at 8/08/2007 10:25:00 AM