Monday, July 28, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Full lockers at work.

BurnFromWithin has left a new comment on your post "Full lockers at work":

I've noticed a couple more people bike commuting. I even ran into a guy on the local trail the other day that was confused by a detour that is up right now. He said it was his first time riding to work, so I showed him how to navigate around the detour.

I've been trying to get into it a little bit more often myself, but it takes a little more effort than just getting in a car so I've had mixed results. The difference is that personally I do it because I enjoy cycling (and do enjoy the days I make it to work via the bike). I'm not doing it for high gas prices or anything like that. I have a fuel-efficient car and probably save myself less than $3 in gas each day I ride - and when you consider the cost in food (extra calories burned), bicycle maintenance (yearly tune-ups, new parts, etc).. its probably a wash for me.



Posted by BurnFromWithin to Cyclelicious at 7/28/2008 12:33:00 PM