Wednesday, July 23, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Mississippi River bike / pedestrian bridge imperil....

Shriram Krishnamurthi has left a new comment on your post "Mississippi River bike / pedestrian bridge imperil...":

That's a pity. I attended a conference in St. Louis a few years ago and took my bike along, so I got to ride this bridge. I was pretty excited to read about it, and the thing itself didn't disappoint at all; I got a sense of the immense span of the river, which I simply didn't appreciate even from my riverside hotel room. Hopefully these are just idle threats.

Though, the trail up to that point on the STL side was pretty ugly; if not a lot of people feel like riding it (no matter what it's named), I can see why.

Besides, why would InBev sponsor trails? As Belgians, wouldn't they only want to pay for flahutes, not prissy trail-riders?



Posted by Shriram Krishnamurthi to Cyclelicious at 7/23/2008 05:49:00 PM