Wednesday, August 06, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Outlaw bikers.

SiouxGeonz has left a new comment on your post "Outlaw bikers":

I sort of liked that one on first read and then decided it was actually pretty crappy for several reasons.
He's *exactly* - so much that I wonder if he invented the attitude - what some of my least favorite online commenters accuse all cyclists of being - arrogant, holier-than-thou, preaching "I'm saving the world so I don't have to worry about rules" - and that includes using lights and staying off the sidewalks, so I figure it's a global arrogance towards regulation (because, after all, he's doing everybody such a favor).
And the Harley guy? "Earlier this summer, I was riding my evil machine with my gang through the streets and stopped at a red light, looked both ways and went ahead through that red light when I saw no cars were coming. A man sitting at the light on a Harley and full leather regalia cursed us "damned bikers" for our unlawfulness. If you don't see the irony in that, you have missed my point. "
Um, what's ironic about somebody *sitting at a light* in (omg) leather... who has issues about somebody going through a red light, even after a stop? Had Harley Guy broken any laws? How difficult is it to wait for a light to turn green? (Mr. Rebel didn't say that the light didn't recognize him; he just was too rebellious to wait.)
and mostly I felt like that theme could have been written up and actually have been funny... *without* adding to the bad name cyclists have.



Posted by SiouxGeonz to Cyclelicious at 8/06/2008 01:48:00 PM