Wednesday, September 17, 2008

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Ride helmetless and lose your bike?!.

Nicholas has left a new comment on your post "Ride helmetless and lose your bike?!":

I don't like this enforcement for completely different reasons.

First of all, I almost always wear a helmet. Sometimes I don't when I riding a bike around a parking lot fiddling with a derailleur... 99% of the time I do. Helmets have probably saved my life at least once.

I don't see people car's getting confiscated for lack of using safety devices. If a person doesn't wear a seat-belt they might face a $100 fine.

LET PEOPLE DO WHATEVER THEY WANT!
Weather or not Billy's parents make him war a helmet will not affect you very much. It's much like the helmets on motorbikes discussion. I don't care. It's not affecting anyone else. I might think you're an idiot for not wearing a helmet. But in our country, I think an individual should be able to choose what is best for them, ESPECIALLY if it does not affect anyone else!

* NOTE: I am only referring to adults in this comment!



Posted by Nicholas to Cyclelicious at 9/17/2008 09:35:00 PM