Saturday, June 23, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Walking up to the ATM.

IB Rich has left a new comment on your post "Walking up to the ATM":

Fritz-

Nice job pointing out something about our culture I hadn't really picked up on.

A Burger King drive-through refused to sell me food back in college because I had walked up (the main indoor dining area closed much earlier than the d-t). I remember being shocked that they would turn down a sale simply because I was not surrounded by two tons of steel.

Ed-

I would assume that McDonald's wouldn't refuse service to a guy on a motorcycle (also not an enclosed vehicle on 2 wheels), so it must be the presence of the engine that makes you a desirable customer. I wonder if an electric bike would be OK to them? If not, what about electric cars? Is it a safety issue in their minds? I don't get it.



Posted by IB Rich to Cyclelicious at 6/23/2007 08:11:00 AM