Saturday, June 23, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Walking up to the ATM.

Chris has left a new comment on your post "Walking up to the ATM":

I think it has something to do with how people feel like it's extremely important to follow rules (stated or implied). So much that the feel it's their duty to make sure everyone follows the heard. I think of them as the border collies of society.

My wife is a big time rule follower, when we are in a line she gets really uncomfortable when people don't follow the line etiquette. I always ask her why she is in the line in the first place. There isn't a sign instructing her to stand in a line why not just crowd your way forward? She then gives me a look like "if you don't shut your mouth right know I'm going to kick you in the balls!" Which usually keeps me in line, the comfort of my balls are more important to me then questioning societal norms.



Posted by Chris to Cyclelicious at 6/23/2007 09:26:00 AM