Tuesday, July 31, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Bike shop blues: It's too hard to buy a bike.

Emo has left a new comment on your post "Bike shop blues: It's too hard to buy a bike":

I've got to agree. I am loyal to "my LBSes" (yeah, I play the field a little) but am not always thrilled with the way they treat me. Sometimes all is great, but sometimes I get the "don't make me explain this to you" treatment. Or I run afoul of some sort of cycling orthodoxy and am accordingly chastised.

It disquiets me in part because I know LBSes (some anyway) are or could be imperiled by the Internet and the big-box stores. So why aren't they trying just that much harder to keep my business? (All this goes for independent bookstores too.) We need and want to support our local economies, but we also want that to be a pleasant experience.



Posted by Emo to Cyclelicious at 7/31/2007 07:53:00 PM