Thursday, July 26, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Melancholy hernia.

Tommy Williams has left a new comment on your post "Melancholy hernia":

I had a right inguinal hernia when I was 21 or so but I never felt any pain at all and I have no idea when it happened. I just noticed that I could feel something soft and squishy in my, umm, inguinal area. At first I thought it was a tumor. Turns out that was a bit of intestine that was poking through a rupture in the muscles of my lower abdomen.

The type of hernia I had, though, is not due to strain but due to the way the abdominal muscles form as a baby. It tends to show up in the late teens or early twenties.

There's this at the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/inguinal-hernia/DS00364

But whatever it is, I recommend seeing a doctor if the pain continues.



Posted by Tommy Williams to Cyclelicious at 7/26/2007 11:16:00 AM