Sunday, October 21, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Tipping the wrench?.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Tipping the wrench?":

The thought of tipping a mechanic never really occurred to me. After becoming "serious" about cycling a month or so ago, I've been trying to do all my own repairs and have only been paying my LBS for parts.

One somewhat uncomfortable moment was when I went in asking if they had any handlebar plugs (I had just taped my bars for the first time and - long story short - needed a single plug). This shop is known for being pretty easy-going and doing simple repairs or adjustments for no cost, so I didn't expect to pay for a used plug. When the guy handed it to me, I say "This'll work! Thanks!" and started walking. Afterwards, I realized I may have forced the guy into avoiding an awkward situation ("Hey, wait, you have to pay for that!") by just letting me go. I ease my conscience by buying all my tools and parts there.



Posted by Anonymous to Cyclelicious at 10/21/2007 08:34:00 AM