Sunday, October 21, 2007

[Cyclelicious] New comment on Tipping the wrench?.

Guitar Ted has left a new comment on your post "Tipping the wrench?":

Nuther wrench here. I get the odd tip now and again. Money, coffee, doughnuts, that sort of thing. I don't ever expect it, but I appreciate all of those and more.

I met Carlton (Bike Biz)Reid's father, Al, and he went on a rant about how you should never tip anyone for doing their job. However; he felt that if they went out of their way to help you, over and beyond, that sort of thing- then it was merited. Interesting take, I thought.

I would like to say what I do expect, and that is pleasant people "asking nicely" for what they want. I'm more apt to go way beyond for the nicely put request than I am for a rude, demanding type person. It's the dirty secret of retail that the squeaky wheel gets the (contaminated) grease, late, and with no extras.

I in no way am defending outright poor service, but there are two sides to a dance couple and to know who stepped on who's toes is not always clear at first glance.



Posted by Guitar Ted to Cyclelicious at 10/21/2007 07:12:00 PM